From:
"Jennifer Tow, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 00:22:54 -0400
Michelle,
I would certainly not be encouraging the mother to look for meds before looking into less harmful options. What was mom's birth like? There is clearly an association between oxytocin and migraines in some women. Migraine is a pulsatile headache. Oxytocin is a pulsatile hormone and is actually being used to treat migraine. It can cause transient vasodilation. It makes me wonder, if the mom is experiencing a low milk supply and having these headaches--could it be that her oxytocin levels are low? Again--very curious about her birth. I also ask moms whom I suspect of inhibited oxytocin release about their orgasms. Many moms will say they have a very difficult time achieving orgasm. I would consider the following approaches first and foremost: the Bach Flower Rescue Remedy, chiropractic adjustment including to the pituitary (done inside the mouth--find someone who knows how to do it), magnesium (Natural Calm), syntocinon for one week (but soon), homeopathy and acupuncture.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC