ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul Orselli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:36:47 -0500

Hi Charity,

OMSI is just at the beginning of an NSF-funded project (of which I'm an advisor to) regarding sustainable design and the development of a set of standards/guidelines for green exhibits/museums.

In addition to the resources Eric mentioned, I would commend to your attention this interview with Tim McNeil from UC Davis:
<http://blog.orselli.net/2008/03/green-exhibit-design-interview-with-tim.html>

In the interview, Tim lists some really great resources (with links!) related to sustainability and green design for museums including his Green Design Wiki: <http://www.greendesignwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page>

Paul Orselli, President and Chief Instigator

Paul Orselli Workshop (POW!)
World Headquarters
1684 Victoria Street
Baldwin, NY  11510

(516) 223-1043

POW! website
<http://www.orselli.net>

Exhibit tips + tricks at the ExhibiTricks blog:
<http://blog.orselli.net>