ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:45:58 -0500
From:

Good Afternoon John,
In 2007 the Pink Palace Family of Museums produced a Strategic Plan.
You may take a look at the Plan by going to the PPFM's website and go to
the link....
http://www.memphismuseums.org/layout_files/uploads/files/Strategic%20pla
n%20FINAL%20VERSION%2002-22-08.pdf
The Strategic Plan is the basis for all subsequent plans (marketing,
exhibits/interpretive, collections, architectural, etc....) and overall
institutional direction..... for the next 10+ years.  It should be
refined, "tweaked" and updated on a continual/annual basis.
As directed by the Strategic Plan 2007, the museum has contracted with
an A/E firm and a sub-consultant exhibit design firm to develop a Master
Plan Phase ONE for the main campus, determining a schematic for
effective space utilization and including planning for all new exhibits
(e.g., culture history, natural history, and a new gallery on fitness,
nutrition, health, and wellness).  When this Master Plan Phase ONE is
completed, it too will be posted on our website.
The contracted consultants for the Strategic Plan 2007 are named on the
cover of the linked document.
Please feel free to call me to discuss the process.......
Best Wishes for Success,
Wesley
Wesley S. Creel
Administrator of Programs