ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jason Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:02:20 -0700

Dear Colleagues,
Last week, Wendy Hancock forwarded an announcement to this list about a new
directory of STEM learning opportunities.  I am writing to reiterate the
value of this opportunity.

Starting in November, we expect our new directory (
http://directory.scienceafterschool.org) to be viewed by millions of
Americans thanks to publicity from Time Warner Cable and others.  As you may
know, there is a huge emphasis on STEM learning coming from President Obama
and his team, and so we expect people to be looking for STEM learning
options for themselves and their families.  Our directory is designed to
meet that need.

Imagine that, on November 15, your Member of Congress types your ZIP Code
into our directory.  Will s/he find any STEM learning opportunities?  Will
s/he find your science center?  Imagine the same experience for young people
and families throughout your community. We want them lining up at your door
for events, after-school programs, camps, and more.  Each program that you
submit to our directory will show up in their search.  Please submit as many
as you can so that visitors will see a screen full of local opportunities.

You may have already received an email with a directory password.  Use that
to log in, or sign up at:http://directory.scienceafterschool.org/signup/

If you have any questions, please contact me.  I look forward to seeing your
listings in the National STEM Directory.

Best,

Jason
---
Jason Freeman