HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Parkhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 10:51:28 -0500
Joshua:
The last three pics that resemble a nipple device reminds me of a
grease fitting used to grease metal bearings. A grease gun spout
(hose) fits over the nipple and the grease is pumped, by hand, into
the bearing joint. It could be possible the other pics may be the
metal device the nipple fits in. This device is still used today in
automobiles and aircraft. OR maybe not!

Regards,
D Parkhill