HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
scarlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:46:16 -0400
Ben,

I agree with Jim.  Based upon your description of the site, you would
need someone with great Kung-fu on the radar unit to see post-in-
ground architecture.  I would also recommend using a metal detector
survey before getting a magnotometer out there.

Of course, for $15, you could also try "Plant Stress Detection
Glasses" with purple len filters.  These are designed for
greenskeepers to see stressed turf in the fairway, but I think they
just might work to show patterns of stressed plants that could help
you see your footprints or foundations.  They might not work at all,
given the plowing, but for $15, it's worth a shot.
http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/cl01v0id.html?SSAID=216026
For those do-it-yourself types out there, you can get directions on
how to build your own here:
http://mvh.sr.unh.edu/mvhtools/psd_filters.htm

I ordered a pair from Forestry Suppliers earlier this year and I'm
waiting until next spring to look some sites up here as the plants go
through their growth cycles.

Cheers
Tim