From:
Kershaw Jane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:38:26 -0500
When people make claims to show how breastfeeding is BETTER than bottle-feeding, I always think back to the story of Cain and Abel.  They were both breastfed.  There were no guns or bottles, but Cain still got jealous and murdered Abel.  We have to be careful about the claims we make.  I really, really like the concept of emphasizing that breastfeeding is normal and species-specific milk.  It's logical and simple.  No guilt required.