Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:28:48 -0800
A few questions...

Is mom sleeping with the baby?  What method of milk transfer is taking place while mom is at work.  If the caretaker is using a bottle, at 9 months, baby should be able to handle a sippy cup with a soft lip, rather than a bottle.  Is the child using a pacifier/dummy?  If so, I would not allow any pacifier use while mom is around, with the exception of a car ride.  Mom should pump another 10-15 minutes to get to that 2nd let down, and she can also pump on the "empty" breast while baby nurses on the 2nd breast, this is especially good in the morning.  Adding a few servings of oatmeal (whole oats, not quick cooking ones) to her diet might help as well, also avoiding mint.

9 months is typically a time period where baby is less interested in nursing, especially during the day where there is lots of activity, so mom making sure there is lots of nursing time after work and during the night is very important to keep that nursing relationship going.

Joylyn Souter
--
And this above all
To thine own self be true