From:
Jan Wenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 22:55:56 -0400
Hi Kathleen,

There is no outpatient breastfeeding clinic at Strong Memorial Hospital
(University of Rochester Medical Center), only the Lactation Study Center
for checking on medications & breastfeeding (for providers only) and the
wonderful Ruth Lawrence, who is very generous with her time by phone to
other providers when she is available. Our group of lactation consultants at
Highland Hospital (an affiliate of Strong) will see outpatients
individually, but we do not run a clinic per se. The wonderful lactation
consultants at Strong are for inpatient consults only, and they frequently
refer outpatients to us. You can have your patient call us or she may want
to use a private lactation service in the area called Little Darlings. I can
give you all phone numbers if you email me, not sure that I can list them
here?

Jan Wenk, IBCLC
Highland Hospital
Family Maternity Center