From:
Chauntelle Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 17:25:32 -0400
i work for public health and a mom on one of our programs was asked to leave
the plane for breastfeeding her 3 month old infant. why do we still have this
problem? so i called the airline and asked what is ther breastfeeding policy,
and the coustomer service rep said that they dont have one, they just ask
that women breastfeed without causing a scene. wtf? the mom said that that
she was sitting in the last seat with no one next to her ad the baby was in a
sling, she was asked to remove the baby from the sling, and she TOLD the
attendant that she was breastfeeding. HELLO, no onne knew what she was
doing until she said something. the captin of the plane announced over the
speaker that the delay was from a mother with a baby having trouble
understaning flight regulations. omg! as this mom exit the plane some of our
fine men in 1st class cursed at her for holding up the flight. she was intears,
and it took her a week to get home because she could not afford to get a
connecting flight that day. we have got to make change happen very soon. i
pray everyone that made this moter feel so small get a reality check, or better
yet give this mom a CHECK$