From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 09:50:35 -0400
On Mon, 11 May 2009 17:06:42 -0500, Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>To me his loss 80% was more than simply not feeding or the weather.

the initial losses I heard of were stated as greater then 50%. the number seems to be
growing as its passed along.

If you read his articles you know
Kirk slices and dices his bees into nucs each year to stay ahead of the mites.

its hard to beleive that mites would take out the nucs.

in most of the north last summer the flow came late, was light and ended quickly with no
fall flow. here in mn we fed much heavier then usual.  Dec and Jan was very cold and we
had more or less winter into April.

if we know kirk does not feed much if any what more is there to ponder?