ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sari Boren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:44:42 -0500

Hi - I'm developing a conference session that's about using recent research
in cognitive science to better understand how the brain wants to learn - and
to apply that knowledge to how we design--physically design--exhibits.

As part of the process of preparing this session, I'm looking to identify
individual exhibits that had a clear learning objective, but which somehow
failed. For example - an exhibit that's about how white light is comprised
of a spectrum, but visitors didn't learn that from the exhibit - or came
away with misconceptions instead.

If anyone is willing to share these experiences with me, I'd very much
appreciate it. I'm trying to hopefully identify exhibits that could be
improved by the way the exhibit was physically designed (as opposed to how
it was conceptually designed). We can discuss this offline via email or
phone, if you'd like.

Thanks!

Sari Boren
Principal, Exhibit Developer