From:
Mary Wagner-Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 22:00:36 -0700
<Kathy Lilleskov RN IBCLC (Feeling very protective of her mommies who
are=20=

trying very hard to breastfeed)>

One fantastic group I had the pleasure to be a part of was a La Leche League
Group that included several women who had had breast reduction surgery and
several who were diagnosed with insufficient glandular tissue, in addition
to mothers who were breastfeeding at various stages of their breastfeeding
relationship.  Those who were unable to produce sufficient breastmilk were
using a variety of supplementation devices--at breast and by other means.
It was fabulous to watch these mothers interact, providing information and
support to each other, whether they were fully breastfeeding, supplementing
at the breast, or supplementing by other means.  I came into the group
wondering how they would fit together, if they would find a common path.
They were amazing!  Each contributed in their own way, sharing experiences
and resources, supporting each other.  Mother-to-mother support is fabulous
to watch.

It is an experience I'll never forget.  Those women taught me so much, much
more than how to use a supplemental nursing system!

Mary Wagner-Davis, MS, MFT, IBCLC
Roseville, CA