ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tom Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:47:34 -0700

Eric et al,

The installation of Mathematica at the 1968 World's Fair IBM pavilion
can be seen in a wonderful short film, IBM at the Fair.  Some great
candid shots of visitors, some engaged, some exasperated, all looking
now like escapees somehow from the Westinghouse Time Capsule which is
buried not too far away.  The film can be found on Volume 5 of The
Films of Charles and Ray Eames.  Also on volume 5 are two versions of
the delightful Tops, which beats out even Powers of Ten as my all time
favorite Eames film.  Original score by Elmer Bernstein!   Originally
reissued on six DVDs, you can now get all six volumes of Eames films
on a single disc as well.  They are all intriguing, and some are gems.

I'm glad to hear the NYHOS is taking good care of this legacy!

Tom Nielsen
www.The Exhibit Guys.com