HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:06:18 -0800
Hello All,

I have had wonderful information from Histarch.  I love Histarch.  I
appreciate you, Anita, and have said so many times in my posts.

I love being able to ask so many people about things...  Two of my rather
weird questions were about blood in floors and transfer printed decorations
on plaster walls, both regarding the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Old Town San
Diego.

I hesitate to ask another one, but here it is anyway:

I have been told there are some groves of olive trees in San Marcos,
California, planted in concentric circles.  Someone told someone that
"That's the way the Spaniards planted them."

I never heard of that...has anyone else?

(And there is potential subsurface historical archaeology there by the way.)