HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul W Alford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 07:26:19 -0600
I'm sure they have no intention of cutting anything from their football
program.

Paul Alford
South Zone Archaeologist
Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests
Pawnee National Grassland

Meredith Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
04/14/2009 06:25 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
closing degree programs at FSU

Twenty-one degree progams at The Florida State University, including the
Department of Anthropology, are on the chopping block. The department
chair has been told to not accept any graduate students for 2009-2010.
This department has existed for over 50 years, and its archaeologists have
conducted cutting edge work on sites such as Windover, several 17th
century Spanish missions, numerous shipwrecks, and established the first
underwater archaeology program in the state of Florida, not to mention
renowned work throughout Mesoamerica.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20090414/FSU01/904140317&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Here are the names, addresses and emails of Senate and House leadership
who are pivotal in making the budget decisions which will dramatically and
irrevocably impact the Florida university system. Let them know how you
feel.  Letters are important but I think it is also time for emails as
well.  If you wrote earlier, write again. We now see the extent of what
the changes would be ? many departments eliminated, many modified, closing
the Panama City campus, etc. - take a look at the FSU budget crisis
committee plan? dramatically reduced legislative funding translates into
draconian changes at the university level -
http://www.uff-fsu.org/art/DraftBCC.12-3.pdf.  If you think it is wrong,
act now.  They need to hear your voice and the voices of your friends and
family ? everyone who cares about higher education needs to act.  CHECK
OUT THE NOLES NEED ANTHROPOLOGY  Facebook
([log in to unmask]) page to keep up with our effort to
influence these decisions.

Senate:
Jeff Atwater    1-561-625-5101
Senator Jeff Atwater
Room 312, SOB
404 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1100

JD Alexander  1-863-298-7677
Senator J. D. Alexander
Room 412 SOB
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1100

Evelyn Lynn     1-386-238-3180
Senator Evelyn J. Lynn
Room 212, SOB
404 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1100

Stephen Wise
Senator Stephen R. Wise
Room 220, SOB
404 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1100

Don Gaetz
Senator Don Gaetz
Room 320, SOB
404 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1100

Steve Oelrich
Senator Steve Oelrich
Room 314, SOB
404 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100

Nancy Detert
Senator Nancy Detert
Room 318, SOB
404 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1100

House:
Larry Cretul  1-352-873-6564
Representative Larry Cretul
Room 420, CAP
402 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1300

Marti Coley   1-850-718-0047
Representative Marti Coley
Room 319, CAP
402 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1300

Bill Proctor   1-904-823-2550
Representative Bill Proctor
Room 223, CAP
402 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1300

Faye Culp
Representative Faye Culp
Room 1102, CAP
402 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1300

Dean Cannon
Representative Dean Cannon
Room 422, CAP
402 S. Monroe
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1300

Anitere Flores
Representative Anitere Flores
Room 422, CAP
402 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1300

John Legg
Representative John Legg
Room 1101, CAP
402. S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1300

David Rivera
Representative David Rivera
Room 223, CAP
402 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1300

Will Weatherford
Representative Will Weatherford
Room 223, CAP
402 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1300

Department of Anthropology
Chair, Glenn Doran: 850.644.8154
http://www.anthro.fsu.edu/

Dean, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />College of Arts and
Sciences:
Dr. Joseph Travis
850.644.4404

Provost office:
Dr. Lawrence G. Abele
850.644.1816
http://provost.fsu.edu/staff/

Meredith D. Hardy, Ph.D., RPA
 Study criminal justice and earn your degree. Click here to request free
program info!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsC7J8Ssld9vS98YzFOwUpbVRNb61CmpiewNx3skJZbCGL0SkToYLG/