HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:43:39 -0500
From:
Anna Lunn <[log in to unmask]>
Ron,

That is the case with many sites. The one I wrote up had the original field
notebooks, including detailed sketches of burials, feature forms, plan views
of units (what we would probably call blocks now...those guys moved a lot of
dirt), photographs of units, even photographs of some of the crew. I was
truly amazed at the amount of data available...the copies I made filled a
banker's box, and that was one relatively small site. Sadly, some
information has been lost over time, or else misplaced, but there are
literally hundreds of theses/disserations/papers/books just waiting for
someone who has time and funds to do the research.

Anna