Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:33:46 EDT

____________________________________
 From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 30.Mar.09  07:53:30 Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: FW: Naomi&apos;s "GI" issues

I have a coworker that I  have helping with her "issues" posted below. She
has given me permission to  share with you in the hopes that someone may have
other suggestions. Thank you  in advance.

I'm healthy with no medical/G.I. issues or  allergies. No meds during
pregnancy or labor. Baby started out  breastfeeding very well with plenty of dirty
diapers and good weight gain. She  has never had a "normal" breastfed baby
stool. They started out (after  meconium) liquid (like water) and turned green
around day 5 and continued like  that -- CONSTANT diarrhea, bad diaper rash.

2 weeks old -- now really  gassy/fussy
3 weeks old -- REALLY fussy. I  started blockfeeding. I took antibiotics for
a UTI.
4 weeks old -- poop now only  green 1/2 time, still liquid, now lots of
mucus, still crying all the  time
5-7 weeks old -- I cut out  all dairy, soy, eggs. Poop became mustard
colored, no seeds, mucusy, smells  strongly of vinegar/sour milk. No longer constant
-- able to heal diaper rash.  Baby was always crying/gassy. Baby had facial
rash (severe baby  acne?) and scaly, peeling skin on face, ears and scalp.
"noisy breather (upper  airway)"
7-9 weeks old -- Total Elimation  Diet (Turkey, rice, squash, olive oil,
pears, water). Happy baby at the end of  week 9. Face totally clear and smooth.
Poop still mucusy, vinegary.
10 weeks old -- I tried milk.  Baby cried for four days (starting 16 hours
after milk was eaten). Baby's skin  becomes peely/scaley again.
11 weeks -- I reintroduced  all foods (except dairy!). Baby stayed happy and
calm. Except with eggs --  screamed for 4 hours, 12 hours after eggs.
12 weeks -- happy baby, sleeping  well during day, face still peeling,
scaley, skin now getting mild ezcema  patches, breathing comfortably now, poop is
mucusy (half the time), mustard  colored, liquid (the non-mucus part is watery),
smells very  strongly of vinegar/sour milk. Never any "seeds"
I am eating everything except eggs and diary  (I don't eat hidden dairy
either)

Baby's gaining weight, growing well. Never had  anything to eat other than
breastmilk. I quit probiotics for myself  and baby 4 weeks ago (just got tired
of it, didn't seem to be helping).  Now I only take vitamins and calcium
supplements.

 I'm worried  that she has a food intolerance that is damaging to her
gut/immune system that  is going undetected or that she isn't fully absorbing all
nutrients --  possibly the skin issues are related also? Since she is happy and
growing  well, I've been advised by the pediatrician to not worry about it (but
of  course I still do).

I'm open to any ideas anyone has :) Thanks!

Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in  this transmission
is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be  subject to protection
under the law, including the Health Insurance  Portability and Accountability
Act (HIPAA). The message is intended for the  sole use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not  the intended recipient, you are
notified that any use, distribution or copying  of the message is strictly
prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil  penalties. If you received
this transmission in error, please contact the  sender immediately by replying
to this email and delete the material from any  computer.
**************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631247x1201390185/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540506%3B35046329%3Bx)