From:
Sarah McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 11:17:37 +0000
Hi all,

Ok I want to ask what may be a stupid question if you have known the answer for years.  I have looked up my books recently.  I do have Kristin Uvnas Moberg's book the Oxytocin factor but I have not read much of it yet.  In it she seems to say that bovine oxytocin is much the same as human oxytocin.  So question is - Does oxytocin pass into cow's milk from the cow?  If this is the case then can cow's milk increase a mum's milk supply? And if this is the case then surely reducing cow's milk in a mother's diet could reduce her perceived oversupply and be one reason why reducing cow's milk in a mum's diet can help symptom's of colic.

It is just that I want to know can cow's milk have an effect on mum's milk supply other than via mum's leaky gut.  I know I asked about growth hormones around Christmas time but that helped me think it through more and I wonder can organic cow's milk have an effect other than if mum is allergic/struggles to digest cow's milk.  I have also just ordered 'Baby matters - what your Dr may not tell you about caring for your baby' by Dr LF Palmer.  Trouble is I want to know more and I have lots of books but not enough time to read them.

Thanks for taking the trouble to read this.

Best wishes,

Sarah McCann.