Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 14:10:40 +1000
Hopefully we will become aware very soon of the reasons behind IBLCE's
decision to allow CERPS to be allocated to education sponsored or funded by
Medela.

As I read that post from Marsha (thank you), I was assisting at an Ethics
Seminars for lactation consultants. It makes you reflect on what you are doing !

I am no longer surprised by such actions - I have become increasingly
disillusioned with a number of issues surrounding IBLCE and the earning of
CERPS - but I am disappointed and do wonder how much more hypocrisy we will see.

In Australia (home of the current IBLCE President), Medela (with its
distributor) is a MAJOR sponsor of recent conferences organized by the
Australian Breastfeeding Association (also a MAJOR retailer and hirer of
Medela pumps)... ABA and other organizations need to redo their budgets
without such sponsorship.

I've heard it said that in some countries, there wouldn't be education for
lactation consultants without Medela - that's easily fixed.

Jan Cornfoot
Breastfeeding Advocate