From:
Kirk Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2008 10:56:43 -0500
Hi all,

I know for a fact, as I have talked first hand with packers, who find ppb
(parts per billion) of miticides and antibiotics in honey(almost all beeks)
and don't reject the loads if it isn't over the top.
.
With the measuring devices able to detect undesirable things in honey at
almost the molecular level, they can find things we don't even use ourselves
in hives from neighboring farms, etc.

It reminds me of my home state of Michigan:
When you take your drivers test and get the multiple choice in regards to
how much alcohol you can drink and drive...check none to get it correct. But
if you are stopped while driving and do a blow test you can get by if you
have less than .08(I believe this is the number). You can't but you can.

I just wanted to comment on my own confusion. Does zero tolerance exist all
the time for all beeks for all contaminants?