From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 13:54:05 -0500
Liu I-Chun wrote:

>I've recently got the EMI remastered issue of Jacqueline Du Pre's Elgar &
>Dvorak Cello Concertos. It's my first Du Pre disc and I love her playing.
>I'd like to get more of her recordings (both orchestral & chamber) and
>would appreciate some suggestions here.

DuPre recordings aren't hard to find. Pick a favorite cello work, and
the likelihood is that she'd recorded it.

I thought that EMI had issued an "Introuvables" on her, and maybe it has,
but my EMI set is called "Impressions" (EMI CMS 7 69707 2), which has her
playing the Elgar w/ Barbirolli and the Haudn Concerto in C (H VIIb:1) w/
Barenboim on one CD, and Beethoven's Sonata No. 3 in A, Op. 69, w/
Barenboim and Beethoven's Ghost Trio (No. 5 in D, Op. 70 No. 1) w/
Zukerman and Barenboim on the other.

Walter Meyer