ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeff Courtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:23:45 -0600

Ok, I'm gonna go out on the limb some of us like to shake and ask the
obvious - isn't this a little like hiding the dog's pill in peanut
butter?  With all the emphasis on the structure of the game, isn't
the outcome *likely* to be "I played a fun game," not "Boy, the use
of passive heating collectors is really important."

Just to play the devils advocate......wouldn't it be more valuable to
create an immersive activity that engages the students visitor with
the phenomena of 'collecting' energy?

If I were part of the team, at each step of the way, from the
conception of the original idea, I want to ask, "What was the
original impetus for the activity and have we chosen the best vehicle
for both engaging the visitor and allowing the visitor to engage?"