Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
DKNYLI14 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:45:03 -0500
In relation to the extended nursing segment on 20/20 the first link is the story they did today on Fox and friends - I know it is done in NYC and I am not sure it is a national show or a local one.  There is a Psychologist  Virginia Klein that was interviewed - I have to say I was not thrilled with what she had to say and secondly what makes her an expert on children and breastfeeding.  Please watch her video and let us know what you think, maybe she needs to be educated as well.
" When they become social and their friends are not talking about going home and sucking on moms breasts.....conflict can occur later on in life ....Child is going to be rather inappropriate on a first date"  "bond can become a deficit later on in life"

All I can say is I was horrified with her analogies, my daughter is almost 9 and she nursed up to 5 and is a normal adjusted girl and has no remorse about breastfeeding and remembers it fondly. She is also extremely bright. Her teacher would like to have more of her in 3 rd grade.  She doesn't need my breasts or anyone else's to self soothe.  How degrading her comments were.  When I can think straight I will be emailing her and I urge you to also.

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3397306&referralPlaylistId=a9594f0389e4ea58938175cbd26195fbedd640ad

This next video is the after show - and the hosts -  three men and one woman sit around and discuss the segment and supposedly read emails sent, never saying anything positive was sent about the segment.  It shows how uneducated and ridiculous they all are.  I do have to say the one weather man - that I intend to find a name for - was a little more positive - not totally but way more then the others.

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3397306&referralPlaylistId=a9594f0389e4ea58938175cbd26195fbedd640ad

I guess the recent press on breastfeeding is better then none - but can we have some educated information on instead of jokes and laughing.  How unprofessional.

Glad the holidays are over and looking forward to a new year -- Happy New Year to all !!!!

Donna Kimick

Donna B. Kimick, IBCLC, RLC
President of LILCA
Lakeshore Lactation