ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeff Courtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:54:32 -0500

I'm a big proponent of the Roku units (digital video players), if
only because their customer service is so stellar....programming
their machines is very straightforward and flexible - you can easily
tell it to run slide show "A" at this time and slide show "B" at that
time -

The reason I would recommend the digital machines over the macmini is
there is just less to scratch your head about when you setting up the
program and debugging it.  Prices on the Rokus are very similar to
the DV78.  We've used the DV 78's and I have nothing bad to say about
them either....

And if I can program the Roku?  Pretty much anyone can...Charles for
the app you are talking about, you build an excel file, save it as
a .csv, and put it, along with your media files, on a flash
card......Roku's also support Elo touchscreens and pushbutton
controls right out of the box.