From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 22:15:37 -0600
I was just checking out those Victoria's Secret nursing bras.

Doesn't anyone make a nursing bra, that has the snaps at the middle of the
cleavage, anymore?  That's what I also chose - but they were hard to find,
then, too, when I was nursing 5 - 10 years ago.

I always thought that having the snaps in-between the breasts, worked much
better and more discretely.  I would just lean forward, slip my hand under
my t-shirt or sweater, unsnap one side, push the fabric over to the side
enough to free the nipple, push up clothes, latch up baby.  Reverse
operation to close.  My whole breast wasn't exposed, just the bottom part
and the nipple.  I would pretend I was getting something out of my diaper
bag or purse on the floor, to cover my actions of leaning forward.

I always thought that it must be much more obvious, what you are doing, if
you unsnap at the shoulder.  Your hand and movement would be much more
visible and out-of-place, moving around the upper part of your chest,
instead of just being hidden between your boobs.  I didn't need to smooth or
straighten out my bra or clothing, as the only disturbance was at the boob
line or below.  I just can't image getting that flap back up to the right
spot on the strap, to snap or hook it into place.

Heck, once my kids were bigger, they could unsnap me by themselves!  And if
the bra got stretchy enough, you could just push the flap out of the way,
without even unsnapping.  (but maybe this wouldn't be strong enough to
contain a larger breast).

But perhaps I am the only one thinking this way, since you'd think that
customer demand would have kept the other type in the marketplace.

Janice Reynolds