HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Megan Springate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:36:58 -0400
Greetings,

Apologies for any cross-posting.

I am working on an African-American domestic site occupied by the same
black family between 1862 and 1909 in Sussex County, New Jersey. The
residents were, at least for a time, the only black family in this small,
rural town in the mountainous northwest corner of the state. Research
suggests that the brothers who first purchased the property in 1862 were
the first generation of this family to have not been enslaved.

I'm looking for other sites with overlapping characteristics for
comparison. I do already have Joan Geismar's work on Skunk Hollow.

Many thanks,
Megan Springate, RPA