HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Martin C. Perdue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 23:50:46 +0000
One potential source of information is Google patents:

http://www.google.com/patents

I pulled up several hits just by typing "steamboat steering" (not in quotes).

Google patents is handy for searching, but the database has many OCR errors and the scans are poor quality.  Once you find a pertinent patent, I'd recommend going to the government site for better images to print:

http://www.uspto.gov/

(click on "patents" and search by patent number -- you may need to download a [free] tiff viewer to see and print your results)

Good luck!

Marty Perdue