HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:33:30 -0500
 Dear Histarchers:

The Mexican government appears to be doing a fabulous job of celebrating their bicentennial of independence, and one effort I find especially pleasing is their digitization of (and making freely available for download) many important (and very scarce and hard-to-come-by) early historical publications. One of especial interest (to me) is Robles' transcription of Nicolas de LaFora's diary of the Rubi visita (Relación del viaje que hizo a los presidios internos situados en la frontera de la América Septentrional, Nicolás de Lafora, México, D.F., 1929) , which can be downloaded as a PDF here:

http://www.bicentenariosonora.gob.mx/biblioteca/Presidios_Internos.pdf

A listing of 108 other digitized historical works available for FREE download (including a few archaeological topics; and one on the war against the Apache which I haven't seen before, but looks intriguing) is here:

http://www.bicentenariosonora.gob.mx/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=8&Itemid=7

Bob Skiles, RPA
Staff Archeologist
Texas General Land Office