HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jerry Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:52:03 -0700
Some Tizon Brown Ware of the Peninsular Ranges of Southern California is naturally micaceous.  The Paipai Potters of northern Baja have revived this tradition for commercial market in recent decades and are documented to add crushed mica as a decorative enhancement.

Jerry Schaefer

ASM Affiliates, Inc.
2034 Corte Del Nogal
Carlsbad, CA 92011