HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 01:08:42 EDT
Bob,

No offense, but I have seen smaller ornamental tiles. But I vote for it to
be something other than what everyone is thinking. It could have been made
to  impress the design into something else, like a seal. It also could have
been  tossed into the site to mislead the crew. People do that sort of thing
to  somehow show the archaeologists to be fallible or to play nasty tricks.
The lack  of patina or oxidation suggests it is not old, unless of course
someone cleaned  it.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 6/28/2009 9:16:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,