HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 01:14:34 -0800
Friends and colleagues: Field archaeologists spend lots of their down time
swapping stories and sharing laughs about events and circumstances on field
projects.  We're happy to share some of these laughs with you in Shovel Bum
Joins the Army, the latest video feature on our nonprofit streaming-media
Web site, The Archaeology Channel (http://www.archaeologychannel.org).

The Shovel Bum saga moves into its third installment, produced by ALI's Guy
Prouty and featuring Trent de Boer's drawings and real voice.  T-Bone and
Betsy have forsaken Arkansas and moved to Washington.  T-Bone now runs
survey crews on the US Army's Yakima Training Center.  Defying unexploded
ordnance, flat tires, rattlesnakes, unfriendly MPs, suspicious Canadian
soldiers, closed roads, and tank caravans, the crew finds some remarkable
prehistoric sites and lost Army gear while enjoying the rugged landscape and
winning bowling trophies.

This and other programs are available on TAC for your use and enjoyment.  We
urge you to support this public service by participating in our Membership
(http://www.archaeologychannel.org/member.html) and Underwriting
(http://www.archaeologychannel.org/sponsor.shtml) programs.  Only with your
help can we continue and enhance our nonprofit public-education and
visitor-supported programming.  We also welcome new content partners as we
reach out to the world community.

Please forward this message to others who may be interested.

Richard M. Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
http://www.archaeologychannel.org

Express yourself with free Messenger emoticons. Check out
freemessengeremoticons.ca