HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:17:49 -0400
From:
"Mary C. Beaudry" <[log in to unmask]>
All due respect to Bob Schuyler, but he is decidedly NOT the father of
historical archaeology, nor do I think he would make a claim to be.

Bob's work on the history of historical archaeology has clearly established
the origins of the field  further back than anyone in what I think Bob has
referred to as the "second generation" of historical archaeologists.

This is one reason why the lifetime achievement award for historical
archaeologists is the *J. C. Harrington Award and Medal*.