HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:11:08 -0400
From:
"Burgess, Laurie" <[log in to unmask]>
Jason,

At lot of WPA-era (and later) material is here at the Smithsonian's
Department of Anthropology, including material from the southeast.

Our National Anthropological Archives has the bulk of the papers of the
River Basin Surveys (and a description of what they are):

http://www.nmnh.si.edu/naa/guide/_r2.htm

And our Anthropology collections contain hundreds of thousands of the
artifacts collected during the River Basin Surveys, both historic and
prehistoric.

http://anthropology.si.edu/cm/index.htm

The RBS collections contain several lifetimes worth of research projects
(and I'm always delighted to get a chance to plug collections-based
research).

Laurie

Associate Chair
Department of Anthropology