HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:36:07 -0400
From:
"Mary C. Beaudry" <[log in to unmask]>
 I saw an example of an agatized glaze on a thinly potted redware sherd on
the web site maintained by Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum, Diagnostic
Artifacts in Maryland, under Astbury-type wares.  Though the text explains
that calling them Astbury-type wares is misleading and should be avoided!

http://www.jefpat.org/diagnostic/Historic_Ceramic_Web_Page/Historic%20Ware%20Descriptions/Astbury.htm