HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeanette McKenna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanette McKenna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2008 20:28:52 -0700
Ox blood was used by the Spanish and early Mexican populations in the making of adobe bricks (a clinker or a coagulant).  Later, doing the American period (e.g in California) ox blood was no longer used, indicating the use of ox blood could be used as a temporally sensitive element.  I would not be surprised to find it in floors, also.

Jeanette McKenna
Whittier, CA