HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:29:40 -0400
 This is hardly the first time Ferry Farm has been in the news, and it has long been known that it was GW's childhood home. While you can take a cynical view of the foundation doing a press release that coincides with a patriotic holiday, you might also say that a well timed release results in a far larger and more attentive audience.

Now, regarding the politics: can't we just stick to the archaeology? Its a great site and worth learning more about. Dave Muracca has been doing a great job there for years now.

Also, Jeffrey, if you are writing from a state government address should you really be discussing politics at all? I know an archaeologist in SC who was fired from a cushy government for doing so...