From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 23:03:38 -0700
Hi Bob, I'm catching up on old posts while I was on the road.

Back in the days of hand loading individual colonies, many of us ran one
> deep and one medium for the brood chamber.  It balanced much better when you
> picked it up.
>

> >If I could turn back the clock I would put slats on the ends of all my
> boxes.

All my boxes have 1-1/2" cleats with a 15 degree undercut on the bottom.  I
like to place them so that your fingers go under, and then into the routed
out hand hold.  This grip is very easy on the hands, especially when you are
wearing gloves in the rain.  I have to have my hand holds special routed
these days, since Dadant changed the height of the holds some years ago.

But what really got me interested in  your post was your teaser:

> >However there is a way to get much better honey production with doubles.

I'm guesssing as to what you are referring to, but would you please tell us?

Thanks,
Randy