From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2008 23:16:21 -0500
Hello Steve & All,
I have not got a problem with the Salmon fishermen and only use the
situation to show a problem with congress and its priorities.

160 million ear marked on a tough farm bill in which we fought hard to get 4
million dollars.

All articles done on CCD point out what our world would be like without
pollination.

What is the amount of salmon a person can safely consume in a week? One
pound due to mercury? I think living without salmon to eat would not hurt a
lot. I prefer a KC strip when given a choice!

Maybe Hackenberg should get paid his revenue for his best year out of five
years before CCD?

Many of those watching the farm bill had no idea Nancy P. was planning on
doing the ear mark.

its a done deal now but  the salmon fishermen received everything they
wanted and the beekeepers got zero. Researchers are happy with the farm bill
as they received most of what they asked for except for the 20 million
dollar building devoted for the study of CCD ( with statues of the CCD major
players out front) the senator from Florida proposed in his bill.

i guess the almond growers will pick up the slack as I hear Joe Traynor is
setting almond fees for 2009 at $200 for the best hives.

Hackenberg is charging growers double for certain crops. My advice to
commercial beeks is to pass the costs of CCD on to consumers of honey and
growers.

Again I say I am glad the salmon fishermen got the help they need.

usually government help is not so generous.

We used to be able to forfeit honey on CCC loan and the loan was interest
free.

Not now.

 In many cases you can get cheaper interest rates from a bank than the CCC.

despite public opinion on our side and most people wanting to "save the
bees" commercial beeks have little clout in Washington.

A popular slogan from the past was
" save the whales"

yet whales are still being killed for dog food!

Man has made a big deal of the most intelligent species has the largest
brain. If so then the whale should be a higher intelligence than man. Hmm.

bob