Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:56:59 GMT
-- Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>By the way, my contention is that the natural size of EHB cells is and has always been 5.2 to 5.3.

i know that is your contention, but the evidence you've used to support it thus far, is someone (unknown person) in the 60's, citing A.I. Root as claiming that natural comb worker brood is of one specific size.  Root's own writings always (as far as i can find) talk about a range of cell sizes for worker cells in natural comb.

it also seems (from my reading of things) that before starting to use foundation that Root measured the cell size as smaller than "5 cells to the inch", and after starting to use foundation (presumably in the same hive with some natural comb), found the natural comb to be a bit bigger...this isn't surprising (see may last post).

and even if you are right, why are we using 5.4 foundation today?

deknow