ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Brigid Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:36:25 -0400

Another place to go is your local Girl Scout council. GSUSA just
released some new national program materials that are all about the
environment, and all councils are looking for good programming around
those resources. Also, 36 councils around the country are participating
in the Girl Scouts Forever Green community action project, where Girl
Scouts are greening their sommunities. If your local council is
participating, they would probably love to work with you, as 6th-8th
grade are years where we lose girls in Girl Scouting, and 9th grade is
the year when many girls begin to work on their Gold Award projects, and
environmental leadership is a popular theme for those projects.

If you have questions about how to work with them, or would like me to
help you find the right person at your local council to reach out to,
feel free to contact me.

Brigid Nuta Howe
Manager of Program Services
Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital
4301 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20008
202-237-1670, ext. 211
www.gscnc.org