Date:
Sat, 3 May 2008 18:21:27 -0400
 LInda,
Unless there is some reason to be concerned such as excessive weight loss, nipple pain or some other indication of poor transfer, I agree with Nikki. Not that I think it is normal not to stool for 36 hours, but I see so many babies who have had traumatic experiences whose guts do not work normally. The body does not digest food in a sympathetic state. Stuffing the baby with more food is not the solution. I would rather see mom use castor oil compresses on baby, bathe baby in a bath with Bach Flowers (my favorite) or see a CST/chiro. I see so many babies who only stool normally after having structural work, it is almost startling.

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC