From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:24:16 -0400
> The article recommended frequent washing of bees suites and not hanging them in the house unless washed first.

Actually, the best practice is never to bring them into the house at all, until ready to wash, and then I do the
washing separate from any other clothes. Then I hang them in the bee house.

Another is to take a shower after working bees and wash your clothes if you are not using a suit.

It is the detritus on your clothes and suit that, in small quantities, eventually cause your family to develop
sensitivity to bee stings. It is not the stinging - it is the lack of stinging but still being exposed to venom
and everything else you bring into the house from working bees.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine