From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2008 13:56:24 +1000
Hi Lee,
No I haven't contacted JHL (not being an ILCA member) but I know that others
have. I don't know what their policy is on acceptance of advertising from
Code violators. I think that many organisations are finding such situations
difficult when companies that previously acted ethically (meaning that they
marketed their products within the Code) no longer do so. This is especially
the case when such companies provided significant financial support to
organisations....but IMO either the Code is the minimum standard or it is
not. A company cannot breach the Code "a little bit" (just like a woman
cannot be a little bit pregnant). It's going to be interesting to see how
different organisations deal with this.
Karleen Gribble
Australia