ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bronwyn Bevan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:00:21 -0400

The Exploratorium offers a few such programs.    Our focus has
primarily been on young or new scientists, those just starting their
careers and not so long out of learning mode themselves.

We have an 18-month postdoc program for new scientists interested in
working in public outreach and education.  These scientists affiliate
with our Teacher Institute, where they develop public programs as
well as teacher programs.

Through the Nano NISE-Net, we have been offering inquiry workshops to
grad students in nano related fields.

Through CILS we have been offering a 3 year/3 semester program
focused on the learning sciences for grad students in the natural
sciences.

For about 5 years our Institute for Inquiry has provided inquiry
training to scientists at the Center for Adaptive Optics at UCSC.

All of these are face-to-face.  I can send more info if you are interested.

Bronwyn Bevan

Most recently workshops through CILS, the Nano NISE Network, and the
Center for Adaptive Optic, we have offered workshops for grad
students in the natural sciences.  We also have a post-doc program
that works with scientists for 18 months.