ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cricket Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 07:36:31 -0600

There is a fun article in yesterday's New York Times about an MIT
physics professor who does compelling demonstrations of basic physics
principles in his wildly popular classes.  Apparently some of his demos
are available to view on youtube and his videotaped lectures are
available free at the MIT website - it looks from the article like these
could be of interest to science center educators.  I haven't had a
chance to view his stuff yet, but from the article, I'm eager to go look
this weekend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/19/education/19physics.html?_r=1&oref=slo
gin

or if the link doesn't work for you, search for Walter H. G. Lewin or
MIT on the nyt webpage.

Enjoy,

Cricket

Cricket Brooks | Project Manager

DIMENSIONAL  I N N O V A T I O N S

3421 Merriam Lane  |  Overland Park, KS 66203

Direct: 913.744. 2179  |  Main: 913.384.3488

Fax: 913.384.1074  |  Cell: 913.908.5621

www.dimin.com <http://www.dimin.com/>