From:
Mary Wagner-Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:32:00 -0700
The comments about fudging hours made me think of another area I'm
particularly sensitive to - - - teen drivers.  My youngest daughter has her
learner's permit (2 down, 2 to go).  In CA, you need to log 50 hours (10
hours at night) prior to taking the actual driving test.  *Several* of her
friends have parents who are fudging hours.  One girl thought she'd somehow
get the required number of hours is 2-3 months.  That's nearly 5 hours a
week.  Truly, what teen is going to be behind the wheel an hour a day.  What
do they do, take weekly trips and let the kid drive?  No, they fudge the
hours.  So yes, IBCLC candidates (and other professionals) aren't the only
ones fudging.  And, just like teen drivers, some of them have good natural
ability and avoid accidents, harm; others don't.  And, just like teen
drivers, some who get the supervised experience, pass the test, jump through
all the hoops have little natural ability and continue to be problematic for
years to come.

Mary Wagner-Davis