From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 06:59:48 -0700
Thanks, Randy for your clarification.  You wrote:  "In short, our findings were that sugar dusting is more accurate as a determination of mite level in a colony...However, sugar dusting is not effective at reducing mite levels. To us, it is highly useful for quickly screening all colonies in yards for mite levels."

If I understand your position correctly, powdered sugar dusting is more effecatious in getting a mite drop count.  But to my line of logic, wouldn't a dusting hasten and increase the mite drop, that if done repeatedly, over the course of the summer, reduce the mite levels?

Grant
Jackson, MO