Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:27:48 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Linda Smith has summed up quite well why texts often differ from one another. It can also take quite some time to write a text, and once in the production process there comes a point where nothing else can be changed in the manuscript. It took me a year to write "Breastfeeding Management for the Clinician: Using the Evidence."?Texts that are nearing the end of their 5 year cycle will differ from texts that are newly published. When I write an article or prepare a lecture, I use multiple sources, texts, and the newest research and literature that I can find. All authors have their opinions on clinical issues, shaped by the extent and?depth?of their clinical experience. If anyone ever?finds any glaring errors in any of my publications, PLEASE contact me and let me know. The last thing we need is published materials that are inaccurate or downright wrong!

Speaking of a publication that is current, have any of you gotten a chance to read the November/December issue of the Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health? This entire issue is devoted to breastfeeding.

Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC
Weston, MA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2