HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Sarah A. Molik" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:46:36 -0700
I was wondering if anyone could help me.  I have a strange artifact that was
found, and am totally stumped as to what it could be.  I've had suggestions of
everything from an old gas burner from a stove to a trac tor part to an
elevation marker.  The object is 29 centimeters long, 13 centimeters wide, and
3 1/2 centimeters in thickness.  It has six spokes coming out of the main pole,
and machine-made holes 1 centimeter apart in said spokes.  the other side
has "ANDES B12 BE 3023" embossed on the back.  I've listed links to pictures
below.

If anyone has any insight to the identity of this particular artifact, I'd be most
greatful.

Thanks!

Sincerey,

Sarah